- This material is actually a banded variety of opaque feldspar. It is cut with gray and gold
center bands and white outsides.
- Feldspar is the most common rock-forming mineral (about 60% of the earth’s crust). Feldspar occurs in igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks.
- The mineral name feldspar is derived from the German words feld and spar. The word “feld” is “field” in German and “spar” is a term for light colored minerals.
- Feldspar minerals are usually white or very light color. Starry Night ™ is a white to gray to tan color and reminds you of a desert scene right at dusk.
- Starry Night ™ is a 6 on the Mohs’ hardness scale.
- Amazonite, Sunstone, Moonstone, Labrodite are the most well known feldspars.
- Starry Night ™ is mined practically on the Oregon/Nevada border in the southeast corner of Oregon.
- Folklore says that feldspar encourages the gifts of clairvoyance and clairaudience (the ability to hear spirits). Early Romans believed Moonstone was captured moon light.
- 100% natural. No treatments.
Please call (800) 888-2444 or email for size, shape, pricing and availability.