- Chalcedony is a fine-grained microcrystalline variety of quartz.
- Purple Chalcedony was first found about thirty years ago. This is one of only a very few sources of this color in the world.
- Used for centuries as the principle engraved and carved ornamental gemstone. Traced back to as early as the Bronze Age chalcedony was in use in the Mediterranean region. For example on Minoan Crete at the Palace of Knosos chalcedony seals have been recovered dating to circa 1800 BC
- Native American Indians believed chalcedony was a sacred stone and was used in spiritual ceremonies of the tribes.
- Chalcedony is a 7 on the Moh’s hardness scale.
- Chalcedony is thought to increase vitality, stamina, and endurance as well as promotes emotional balance and clarity while relieving melancholy.
- 100% natural. No treatments.
Please call (800) 888-2444 or email for size, shape, pricing and availability.